Non-medical home care is flexible and adaptable, and you or your senior loved one can receive help with different types of needs on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. Non-medical home care services can help a senior or housebound adult with:
- Using the bathroom and bathing
- Dressing and grooming
- Walking, sitting, standing, and transferring in and out of bed
- Shopping, preparing and serving nutritious meals
- Light housekeeping
- Providing driving services to help run errands, attend appointments, or enjoy social outings
- Companionship — including playing games, sharing meals, doing art projects, and enjoying pleasant conversation
The Advantages of Non-Medical Home Care
Compared to other types of long-term care, non-medical home care is affordable and can be customized to closely suit your senior loved one’s needs. Home care can empower older adults to age in place in the comfort and safety of home, rather than uprooting their lives in order to move into a residential home or assisted living facility.
It is also fairly straightforward to get started. At Exquisite Care LLC, we can provide a free in-home assessment of your loved one’s current situation, and in most cases, we can be up and running with a personalized care plan in just a few days. We make sure that each one of our caregivers goes through an extensive background check and training program before ever stepping foot into a client’s home.
Moving forward, home care is a powerful way to help seniors live an active, enriched, and independent lifestyle — all from the comfort and safety of home.